Friday, July 27, 2012

I'm alive!

Day 4 post op:

Hello all! I am alive and well! Not out of the hospital yet, but I needed to get this post up before I forgot some things!

I'm alive and well, and in St. Peter's Hospital in Albany. I have had one of the best hospital experiences with all of my nurses here. Starting from the PACU nurses Heather and Kayla ( I remembered their names!!) and my WONDERFUL ICU  day nurse Laura, and night nurse Tim, I have been managing my pain, and increasing my activity over these four days. The only road block that I have hit was the emergence of an eye infection a day after surgery, which leaves me looking a bit like Frankenstein.

I am in a regular room, from which I hope to be discharged tomorrow from, and my awesome nurses Erika and Ashlee have been taking care of me....they said that I scare them because I am too quiet and don't ask for things as much as other people, but I figure, if I can get it myself, why not let them do their jobs somewhere else? As much as I love them both dearly ( and I hope to get a pic with at least one of them before I leave), I don't need to be a thorn in their side just because I am in the hospital...I am here to recover, not recline...recovery means getting up and moving around, and being independent.

Here are some pics from my days here to tie you over until the complete experience blog post is put up:

IMAG1018.jpg

My incision, pic taken while I was still in the ICU

IMAG1020.jpg

Lovely glamour shot of me in the ICU...

IMAG1021.jpg

My arterial line...experience explained later...

IMAG1032.jpg

The lovely eye infection I developed in ICU...again, experience explained later

No comments:

Post a Comment